This was Valentines Day dinner and one of the best vegetarian meals I’ve made. I have to try making it vegan soon.
- Tomatoes (I used 2 cans of chopped tomatoes)
- 1 large bag of mixed veggies (1 bag of frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots- mostly thawed)
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 3 tbsp butter (I used vegan butter)
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk (I used almond milk)
- 2ish cups of extra sharp cheddar cheese (I bought pre-shredded)
- 2ish cups of mozzarella (I broke into chunks)
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- thyme (to taste- i used 3 tbsp)
- Rosemary (to taste- I used 3 tbsp)
- Basil (to taste- I only used about 2 tsp)
- 1 pack penne pasta (pre-cook and drain)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Toss tomatoes and thawed veggies with EVOO and 1tbsp of Rosemary and roast on a parchment lined baking pan for 30 minutes
- Whisk butter and flower in pot over medium-high heat until foamy.
- Add milk
- Whisk until thickened (about 3 min) then remove from heat
- Whisk in cheeses, mustard, and all seasonings.
- Stir in pasta and veggie mix and put all into a baking dish
- Bake about 30 minutes
This gets a 10 out of 10 from both of us. And it makes plenty of left-overs for us. Taste just as good reheated the next day.