- 2 can pinto beans, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 can kidney beans, drained
- 2 can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup veggie broth
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 2 tbsp cayenne pepper (add less for less spicy)
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup water
- In a medium to large soup pot, saute the onion and bell pepper in the olive oil on med/high.
- Add tomatoes, veggie broth and chili powder and stir.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add beans.
- Stir occasionally and cook covered for at least 20 minutes. Add water 10 minutes before done cooking.
For a spicier chili, add extra cayenne and red pepper flakes.
For a thiner chili (to put over rice or pasta)- add 1/4 cup more of water and 1/4 cup of veggie broth
I’m so behind on posting recipes- that I can’t give a precise rating- but it was good! We had no problem finishing the pot- and ate the leftovers for lunch all week (really good reheated)