As we are 5 meals a day eaters- and have to cook the majority of our food on Sundays- we’re always looking for quick easy recipes that stay fresh all week. Enter spring rolls! This is my second time making them- and my second recipe. I like them both equally and will post the other relatively soon.
- Rice Paper Wrappers
- 1/2 head of cabbage (I used Green- as that’s what they had at the City Market- but you can use either)- chopped
- 10 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup cooked rice noodles
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro- chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots- sliced
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 cup grated peanuts
- Mix Cabbage, onions, cilantro, carrots, ginger, and lime juice in large bowl
- Submerge rice wrappers in luke warm water until pliable (I fill a skillet with water and dip one roll at a time- then take it out and put in a new one to soak while I fill the first one). It takes about 20-30 seconds to become pliable.
- Put wrapper on flat surface, put a small amount of noodles and then about 2 tablespoons of mix on the bottom 1/3 of the wrapper and wrap.
- It took me a few tries- but below is a decent video on how to wrap them.
Very Very good snack. I make 20 of them- and we an afternoon snack of 2 rolls, rice, and carrots. I also serve them with low sodium soy sauce. I cant wait to keep trying different ones. They keep very well in the fridge for a week.